Have a job opening? Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Listings stay posted for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
Senior Event Planner – Vermont PBS
Posted February 13, 2019
Vermont PBS is searching for a highly organized, creative, and motivated leader to oversee development and execution of a comprehensive events strategy in support of the station’s Marketing and Development objectives and goals. The ideal candidate possesses a demonstrable passion for public media, community building, and event management and will have a minimum of 5 years of expertise planning and executing impactful and memorable special events.
Proficiency with various audio and visual formats and A/V interfaces and equipment a must. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable with public speaking and assuming host/emcee duties. Ability to establish strong partnerships and build collaborative efforts. Must exercise a high degree of diplomacy, problem-solving and organization. Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment. Must have own reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and passport. A flexible schedule is required to support meetings and events which may occur on nights and weekends. Approximately 50% travel or more to manage events in VT, NH, and QC.
Full job description available at www.vermontpbs.org/careers
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Attn: HR Dept. 4
204 Ethan Allen Avenue
Colchester, VT 05446
An equal opportunity employer and provider.
Account Executive – Hearst Television
Posted January 25, 2019
Position/Title: Account Executive
Details: WPTZ/NBC5, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate in the scenic Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market, has an immediate opening for a Local Sales Account Executive. This position provides an excellent opportunity to be part of a local news leader in the market. Great resources including Nielsen ratings, Marshall Marketing qualitative data, and the vast digital assets with Hearst Television provide significant opportunity for building innovative and effective marketing and sponsorship opportunities for both established and newly developed clients. The position is based primarily in Colchester, VT to start but will relocate to our new South Burlington studio in the spring. There will also be a need to travel throughout the entire DMA.
- Create, develop and nurture positive business relationships in the community
- Sell commercial time to local and/or regional advertisers and agencies. Includes on-air and digital media platforms.
- Generate new revenue by developing new advertisers to our medium.
- Manage and evolve a list of current valued clients
- Responsible for ensuring commercials are complete and ready to air on schedule.
- Responsible for orderly flow of all sales transactions, including overseeing preemptions and make-goods.
- Prepare creative presentations using rating services and other resources.
- Previous media/advertising experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications (MS Office) and ability to learn proprietary software (Wide Orbit, Marshall Marketing, Kantar).
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record; use of personal vehicle for sales calls required.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business Management/Communications preferred, or the equivalent.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 1/22/2019
Closing Date: 2/21/2019
City: Plattsburgh – 12901
State: New York
Contact: Please visit http://careers.hearsttelevision.com/ to apply. EOE
Apply Online URL: http://careers.hearsttelevision.com/
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Promotions/Marketing Position – Hall Communications
Posted January 9, 2019
Hall Communications, Inc. dba WOKO/WKOL/WJOY/WIZN/WBTZ has an immediate opening for a full-time Promotions and Marketing position. Experience in broadcasting in helpful. Candidates must possess great social media skills, be able to manage all five station web sites and work on planning and executing many special events throughout the year. Please send resume that includes three references to EX/VP and General Manager, Dan Dubonnet at email@example.com. Hall Communications, Inc. is an EEO.
Master Control Operator – LOCAL 22 (WVNY) and LOCAL 44 (WFFF)
Posted November 29, 2018
LOCAL 22 (WVNY) and LOCAL 44 (WFFF) is looking for a full time Master Control Operator. This job is for the person that enjoys working with computers, servers and technical equipment. You must be incredibly organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task. Responsibilities include recording and downloading content, monitoring the quality of feeds and operating master control software and equipment. Broadcast experience or computer orientation helpful, on-site training offered. Shifts will include overnights and/or weekends. Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Morning Talk Show Host – WVMT
Posted November 19, 2018
Northern New England’s News/Talk leader, WVMT/Burlington, is seeking a morning talk show host for the first time in twenty years. Heritage show needs an anchor that possesses the ability to:
- Be well versed on politics, current events and pop culture.
- Conduct interviews with local politicians by asking hard questions in a respectful manner.
- Interact with a diverse group of sponsors.
- Formulate topics and schedule guests of interest to our key demographic (M40-60.)
- Great facility
- Large staff support
- Excellent salary and benefits.
Please send audio and resume to: Ben Hamilton Ben@95Triplex.com
Females encouraged EOE