Program Director – WDEV- FM & AM
WDEV Waterbury Vermont is searching for its next Hall of Fame Program Director to lead our legacy FM/AM News/Talk station into the next decade and beyond. We are looking for the next legendary program director to join the ranks of past Programming greats Lloyd Squier, Rusty Parker and Jack Donovan.
The WDEV Program Director will report directly to the General Manager and execute the day-to-day oversight of the brand – programming, writing, scheduling, news coverage, production and promotion. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and have a background in the News/Talk format with a nod towards the digital growth opportunities in content and revenue generation.
- Assign & manage daily news operation
- Directs the gathering and production of news content on-air and online
- On Air newscast
- Help develop locally base news content and programming to add to our existing partnerships
- Develop news and sports content for the future
- Manage & coaching on-air talent, imaging & promotion direction.
- Day to day scheduling of talent and sports calendars
- Work with General Manager and Sales Department on revenue generation opportunities on each brand platform.
- 5 years radio or TV background with News/Talk experience a plus
- Proficient in news writing, gathering process, editing and delivering news
- Background in talent coaching, relationship/communication building.
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with automation systems and syndicated programming
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Collaborative and creative work environment
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance package
- 401K to plan for the long term
- Vacation & Holidays
The Radio Vermont Group is the oldest family owned media group in the country. We have been a leader in the radio broadcasting industry since 1931.Local news, local sports and local talk that deliver great content day after day on air and across digital platforms are the keys to our continued success. If you believe you can make a difference and help us move into our second 100 years of excellence, we would love to hear from you.
Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org Include a cover letter, one-page resume and MP3 of on-air work. Please put PD WDEV in subject line. You can also mail your information to WDEV, 9 Stowe Street Waterbury Vt 05676. Attention Steve Cormier. WDEV and the RVG are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No calls please.