The Radio Vermont Group and 101 The One is searching for an experienced Program Director. The Program Director will be responsible for growing and operating 101 The One and must have a strong background and passion for ‘60s ‘70s and ‘80s music. Energy, enthusiasm and experience is a must. You will be responsible for all aspects of programming including; music scheduling, managing on-air staff, imaging, station strategy, developing and executing revenue generating sales and programming promotions, website, social media and digital content. The position also requires a daily air-shift, along with a weekend voice track shift and live appearances and live remotes!
Who We Are: The Radio Vermont Group is the oldest family-owned media group in the country. A company of 5 radio stations, WDEV-AM, WDEV-FM, WCVT-FM, WEXP-FM and WLVB-FM, we have been a leader in the broadcasting industry since 1931. We strive to serve our communities by delivering great content day after day on-air and through our involvement within our communities. If you believe you can make a difference and help us move into our second 100 years of excellence, we would love to hear from you.
Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter, one page resume and MP3 of on-air work. Please put PD101 The One in subject line. You can also email your information to WDEV, 9 Stowe Street, Waterbury, VT, 05676 attention Steve Cormier. 101 The One and RVG are an equal opportunity employer. No calls please.
We are looking for a track record of success. Top candidates will be versatile and possess exceptional PD, on-air and web/social media skills. Digital and social strategies must be as engaging as on-air tactics and execution. The best candidates will be detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and react in a calm and decisive way when dealing with challenging situations. Excellent writing and production skills to image and brand our stations are essential. People skills and the ability to work closely with talent, department heads and a talented sales team are critical.
- Manage the sound, image, music, brand, and standards of WCVT/WEXP 101 The One through all distribution channels.
- Deliver unique content that attracts the target demo, builds ratings and grows terrestrial and digital audience.
- Work closely with the sales team to develop and enhance client relationships and revenue.
- Work closely with marketing team to develop contests, promotions and big events to raise brand profile.
- Ensure operation of station in accordance with FCC regulations and policies.
- Operate as needed control board, remote broadcasting and other related production equipment as well as music scheduling software.
- Minimum 3 years of successful programming experience.
- Strong social and digital experience.
- Savvy computer skills.
- Ability to multitask and the discipline to focus on what is the highest and best use of your time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with our staff, departments and clients.
- Creative and strategic problem solver.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay.
- Professional growth and career path.
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage.
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
For immediate consideration, please visit www.samsung.com.
The Radio Vermont Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE).