NBC5/WPTZ, a Hearst Television station in the Burlington/Plattsburgh market, has an opening for a part time Production Assistant. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew. This person will be responsible for operating cameras, teleprompter, and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts and post-production. Must have good technical skills, and good communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, assisting the news department, and other duties as assigned.
- Operation of cameras, prompters, sets and other production equipment.
- Lighting and script preparation for newscasts.
- Video cueing during newscasts.
- Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
- Assist the directors as needed.
- Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software required.
- Videography experience helpful.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Current local Broadcast Journalism/Communications and/or TV/Video Production students encouraged to apply.
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Understanding of Grass Valley Automation is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications preferred. Current local students encouraged to apply. Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Date Posted: 5/22/2020
Closing Date: 6/21/2020
Apply at https://hearst.referrals.selectminds.com/television/jobs/production-assistant-8502
WPTZ NBC5, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market has an opening for a Newscast Producer. We’re looking for a story teller who thrives on breaking news, and the urgency of a fast-paced, dynamic newscast. Our next producer will join a team of award-winning journalists committed to dynamic local news coverage. We want a producer who demonstrates solid news judgement, and who has an eye for using video, graphics, and studio features to effectively convey information. We approach everything as a team at WPTZ. We expect you to come in with an open mind, ready to learn and ready to lend a hand to other members of the team when needed.
During work hours, you’ll be in our brand new, state-of-the-art facility. In off hours, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best ski areas in the country, scenic mountains, and some of the most beautiful waterways in the country.
- Selecting, and writing material for a daily newscast.
- Building graphics and shaping how a story is presented for a live newscast.
- Working with reporters and helping them shape their daily reports.
- Possess an ability to communicate clearly and quickly to effectively give direction, and to explain your vision of a newscast to anchors, reporters, and directors.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an “experience” for viewers
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff.
- Our producers are required to edit video and contribute to our digital platforms.
- Creative presentation style.
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
- Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components.
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news.
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred.
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 5/13/2020
Closing Date: 6/12/2020
Apply at https://hearst.referrals.selectminds.com/television/jobs/news-producer-8481