Following visits to your stations and listening to what you need the most, the VAB is excited to launch nine brand new membership benefits over the course of the next nine months:
- Ten scholarships to send select candidates to Alabama this Fall to train in basic broadcast engineering at ABA’s Engineering Academy!
- An in-person event this Spring that will bring broadcast media students and educators together with broadcast employers in an effort to bridge the workforce recruitment gap.
- An in-person professional growth opportunity for Journalists.
- A virtual seminar with Sean Ross for radio programmers.
- An in-person reception at the state house to meet newly elected state officials and lawmakers in January.
- An online platform for Vermont stations to buy & sell equipment to each other.
- An online platform for college and community stations to share interviews, PSAs and other content with each other.
- Outreach campaign to High Schools, Career Centers, Trade Schools and Colleges to educate and excite 14-22 year old Vermonters about careers in radio and television and opportunities available around Vermont.
- Creation of a new VAB “Futures” committee
As initiatives are ready to launch, look for details in the VAB Voice, on VAB.org and on social media!
This is in addition to the ongoing benefits already available with your station’s membership (view here).