The Digital Media Manager is responsible for overall management and direction for all digital content efforts, including website and social media pages. The Digital Media Manager helps craft and execute the strategy and tactics to achieve journalistic, content and business goals. This is done under the direction of the News Director and by working closely with fellow newsroom managers and staff, as well as promotion and sales staff. Digital Media Managers is also responsible for creating and organizing unique, interesting and dynamic content for all digital platforms and will work with news crews, producers and assignment editors to assign and produce content every day. Additionally, Digital Media Managers are responsible for relaying to producers the content that is available on our digital platforms. The ideal candidate will also have working knowledge of digital technology as well as strong writing and editorial skills.
- Manages online content and operations. This includes selecting and writing material for all of our digital platforms.
- Develops and guides execution of strategies to meet digital goals.
- Creatively develops unique content, event coverage and project ideas for web, mobile and social media.
- Works to develop content during breaking news.
- Works closely with news crews and producers coordinating and producing content for digital platforms and television.
- Takes an active role in daily editorial meetings. The goal is to lay the groundwork for a consistent multi-platform workflow that ensures strong unique content.
- Coordinates consistent training of news personnel to contribute to all digital platforms (field gathering and presentation); maximize best practices to involve the whole station as regular contributors.
- Staff leader in leveraging social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to provide superior coverage and marketing of news. Works closely with marketing to prioritize the growth of customers on
- Facebook and email, and the interaction with them.
- Identifies videos with viral potential for syndication partners like YouTube, Yahoo, AOL, MSN, etc.
- Regularly communicates pertinent metrics (i.e. Google Analytics, comScore) concerning digital growth and trends to News Director, GM and necessary staff.
- In-person attendance is required
- Must have working knowledge of digital technology
- College Degree in Journalism or related field
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with related experience will be considered