A Digital Sales Manager (DSM) directly oversees the daily operations of the station’s digital advertising business and interacts with clients and advertising agencies to maximize digital revenue.
The DSM assists in hiring, training and developing Account Executives and collaborates with the DOS & LSM on digital sales.
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in digital by vertical and by accounts
- Works with Account Executives and clients developing results driven marketing solutions across multiple platforms
- Attends sales calls with Account Executives to develop new accounts and maximize existing accounts
- Works with Account Executives & Production Team to develop and execute promotional marketing campaigns
Requirements & Skills:
- Degree or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred
- Minimum three-year experience in Sales, preferably in the Digital field
- Current knowledge of digital ad technology, online ad serving, 3rd party research skills such as ComScore and Google Analytics
- Understanding of pricing and inventory management principles.
- Ability to prospect, meet with, and close business with new advertising clients.
- Proficiency in MS Office products required
- Experience with Wide Orbit, Matrix, Strata, ComScore and AdMall are a plus
- Fluency in English; with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Occasional travel required; available to work extended hours if needed
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Sales Manager must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Digital Sales Manager must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 40 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.