Thank you for entering the 2018 Commercial of the Year Contest!
The Vermont Association of Broadcaster’s 63rd Annual Convention will be held Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at the Capital Plaza Hotel in Montpelier. The VAB will present awards for Radio and Television commercials, promotional spots, public service announcements and more. The deadline was Friday, March 30.
There will be First and Second Place Awards in each of the categories. Advertising agencies will compete in their own division. However, both agencies and broadcast stations are eligible for the coveted “Best in Show” awards for both radio and TV. “Best in Show” winners will not be recognized in other categories.
Official Rules – All entries must have been written and produced locally by the submitting station or agency and must have aired on a station between February 1, 2017 – February 1, 2018.
– You may submit up to two (2) entries per category and no more than six (6) total entries per agency or station. Stations must be members in good standing of the VAB, and advertising agencies must be Associate Members in good standing with the VAB. Entries may be of any length. There is no charge to enter the contest!
Commercial of the Year Categories:
Radio Public Service Announcementn (PSA)
Radio Non-Broadcast Digital
Agency Public Service Announcement
Agency Non-Broadcast Digital
Television Public Service Announcement
Television Non-Broadcast Digital
– Each entry must be submitted separately via email to email@example.com.
– Each email MUST include the following information:
Name of Station or Agency Category of Entry, i.e. Commercial, Promo or PSA Name of Sponsor, i.e. “Al’s Kwik-Stop” Title of Entry, i.e. “Free Hot Dog Day” Writer of spot Producer of spot Talent Videographer (if applicable)
– The ads must have been locally written and produced by the Station or Agency.
– If you’re entering a TV spot, you must send the file in native resolution MPEG 3 or MPEG 4 by Hightail or Dropbox to firstname.lastname@example.org. Spots sent by YouTube or Vimeo are NOT eligible.
– The VAB reserves the right to feature winning spots on http://www.vab.org. – All Entries must be received by email at email@example.com by March 30, 2018.
To become an Associate Member at the annual dues rate of $50, please visit our membership page.