high energy, highly skilled Meteorologist to join our Weather team. We are looking for a Meteorologist who knows the science, but can tell a relatable weather story. Our next Meteorologist will be an accurate forecaster, convey an appropriate tone of urgency and authority in severe weather coverage, summarize complicated information, and stay cool under pressure. This meteorologist will be assigned to weekend weather anchoring and fill-in for weekday meteorologists.
- Give our viewers the weather forecast with accurate, compelling, and understandable weather storytelling and graphics.
- Will provide urgent, immediate weather information before and during severe weather events
- Will be able to simultaneously provide content on TV and on our digital platforms.
- Will utilize all the technology and tools available to us, including the WSI weather system, to tell an intriguing weather story
- Could be deployed in the field during weather events
- Gather news and information
- Summarize facts and clearly communicate content for broadcast
- In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting.
- Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage
- Dynamic and authoritative on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation
- Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high powered radar data
- Proficient in using WSI graphics and technology
- Excellent forecasting and on-air skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to tell a compelling weather story
- Ability to use common television weather systems.
- Radar experience preferred
- Ability to do live field reporting on weather and other topics.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology or related field/equivalent experience