The National EAS test is scheduled for Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 2:20pm. Stations are required to file three separate reports with the FCC ETRS web site. The VAB is also asking you to record the test results on our survey. Notice of the National Test and reporting requirements DA-21-680A1.pdf (fcc.gov)
- The primary test date is scheduled for Wednesday, August 11, 2021, at 2:20 p.m. EDT. If conditions on the day of the test require the rescheduling of the test, a secondary test date is scheduled for the same time on Wednesday, August 25, 2021. The test message will clearly state that the alert is only a test.
- VAB will have a seat at the VT Emergency Management table to share radio and television station results in real time. As soon as the test happens, please record the results on the VAB’s survey here: //docs.google.com/forms/d/1zEfKbvwQ3u_T3ONMsYre-_nTJ2RLK6asn0koOUIfu0A/edit?usp=sharing
FCC Filing Requirements
- The ETRS is available to accept filings in connection with the 2021 nationwide test. Pursuant to Section 11.61 of the Commission’s rules, EAS Participants must renew their identifying information required by ETRS Form One on a yearly basis. Accordingly, all EAS Participants should have completed the 2021 ETRS Form One on or before July 6, 2021.
- On or before August 12, 2021, EAS Participants must file “day of test” information sought by ETRS Form Two.
- On or before September 27, 2021, EAS Participants must file the detailed post-test data sought by ETRS Form Three.
- ETRS Forms Two and Three will become available in the ETRS at the time of initiation of the 2021 nationwide test
Stations should confirm they have been receiving all RWT and RMT from both of their EAS monitoring assignments. And “listen” to confirm clear reception of those stations.
As you probably know, an IPAWS digital certificate expires on August 21, 2021. It is urgent that EAS Participants update their IPAWS digital certificates by or before that date.
DasDec indicated there is no charge for this certificate update. Again, you must upload this cert by or before 21 August 2021, otherwise CAP alerts from FEMA will not properly validate (and will be rejected).
View download instructions here.
Note: This certificate bundle may be applied to Version 3 or Version 4 software.
If you are still running version 3 software, the NPT test will be properly processed, however we still recommend you consider upgrading to v4 software (version 3.0 was issued in 2016). v4 includes a completely upgraded operating system, plus numerous security, functional, and regulatory updates.