A News Editor has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound.
- Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
- Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
- Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
- Maintaining standards for all edited material.
- Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
- Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
- In-person attendance is required
- Experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
- Military on-air producing experience will be considered.
- Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere is a plus.
- Must be able to handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of current television production techniques.
- Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
- Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
- Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
- Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
- High School Diploma
- Some college or technical school preferred.
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus