We’re looking for a story teller who thrives on breaking news, and the urgency of a fast-paced, dynamic newscast. We want a producer who demonstrates solid news judgement, and who has an eye for using video, graphics, and studio features to effectively convey information.
- Selecting, and writing material for a daily newscast.
- Building graphics and shaping how a story is presented for a live newscast.
- Working with reporters and helping them shape their daily reports.
- Possess an ability to communicate clearly and quickly to effectively give direction, and to explain your vision of a newscast to anchors, reporters, and directors.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an experience for viewers
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff.
- Our producers are required to edit video and contribute to our digital platforms.
- Creative presentation style.
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
- Military experience in a related occupation specialty a plus.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components.
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with
- schedule to be available during breaking news.
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred