A Production Assistant is responsible for operating cameras, teleprompter and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts and post-production. Must have good technical skills, and good communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, assisting the news department, and other duties as assigned.
- Operation of cameras, prompters, sets and other production equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment necessary.
- Lighting and script preparation for newscasts.
- Video cueing during newscasts.
- Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
- Assist the directors as needed.
- Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software required.
- Videography experience helpful.
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Understanding of Grass Valley Automation a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications preferred. Completion of college level technical and editing classes a plus.
- Current local students encouraged to apply.