VAB is giving members complimentary access to two free webinars December 10th. From journalists and news departments to sales account executives, the VAB is sponsoring free webinars to help you and your station navigate the 2020 election! Read on for content descriptions and registration information.
December 10th at 1:00 PM
“Covering 2020 Elections – Part 2”
Geared towards journalists and news departments
Instructor: Al Tompkins, Poynter News Institute
Download the slide deck from Week One (December 3rd webinar)
What Will I Learn in Week Two? (December 10th)
Learn how to dig deeper and find answers that your audience wants and needs to know. This training is intended for journalists and news departments across all media from broadcast to digital and radio to print. By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Recognize the most common mistakes journalists make when reporting on polls
- Accurately describe and discuss PACs, Super PACs and Dark Money
- Explore campaign funding from special interests
- Revisit how the American political system works and why we have the electoral system
VAB is sponsoring access to this opportunity so there is no cost to you. The value of this training is $600. Use coupon code: 19SBAVT upon check out.
- To enroll, click here (Don’t be thrown off by the $600, coupon code makes it $0)
- Choose: “Add to Cart.”
- Enter your coupon code 19SBAVT and click “Apply.”
- The coupon will deduct 100% off the price.
- Continue to the check out screen where you will login with your existing Poynter account or enter your details to register for a new Poynter account.
December 10th at 12:00 PM
“Positioning the Political Advertising for You and Your Station”
Geared towards whoever handles the political advertising at your station(s).
Presenter: Mark Levy courtesy of Local Broadcast Sales (LBS)
Professionally preparing and delivering political campaigns will significantly impact your added revenue streams that you otherwise may miss. Waiting for political orders to come to you is not a winning strategy. How might your station and digital platforms assist advocacy organizations, member organizations, political organizations and political campaigns in reaching the most responsive voters in the right places at the correct times – and the proper cost? Join Mark to review different processes and up-selling plans that you might consider. Enjoy new revenues by leveraging your station’s audience appeal. Hear how to employ TV, radio and digital audience information to effectively reach and persuade ideal voters in your market.