- Station applies* through VAB.org to get 100% of the internship subsidized.
- VAB Awards Nomination Committee reviews applications and selects up to five grantees.
- VAB writes a check to the station for $1,621 to pay 120 hours at $11.75/hour (VT minimum wage) + 15% towards payroll taxes.
- Station finds and hires the intern on their own. VAB will have nothing to do with the selection process, but the intern must be a college or trade school student obtaining school credit.
Rules For Applying:
In order to qualify for the VAB’s Paid Internship Program, station must:
- Be a member of the VAB with current dues paid in full.
- Run recruitment advertisements to hire interns. (copy provided or write your own)
- Post the intern position on your website and on the VAB Job Board.
- Have a dedicated, named, supervisor to oversee the intern during their time at the station.
- Agree to return any non-used funds in the event the internship ends before all 120 hours are completed.
VAB will have nothing to do with your hiring process, but in order to qualify for the paid internship program, students must:
- Be entering their Junior or Senior year at an accredited college, university or trade school.
- Be majoring in broadcasting, communications, electronic media, marketing or other related fields.
- Participate in an interview with prospective station(s).
- Be a Vermont resident OR a non-resident student currently attending an accredited college, University or trade school in Vermont, whose intentions are to stay in Vermont after graduation.
Reasons to have a paid intern:
- Great way to instill a passion for broadcast in a future generation.
- Solves workforce challenges at no additional cost to the station.
- Helps stations fulfill their yearly EEO credits.
To apply for the opportunity to have the VAB pay for your station to have 120 hours of a paid intern during the Summer of 2021, VAB Station Internship Application 2021 download the application.
Email Wendy Mays at email@example.com or call (802) 233-0296 with any questions.